DEA Programme | 1st Call 2022
Created in 1975 through the initiative of Fernand Braudel, in agreement with the Secretary of State for Universities, Directorate of Higher Education and Research, the Associate Directors of Studies (DEA) program is the oldest international mobility program of the Fondation Maison des Sciences de l'Homme. It enables foreign scientific professionals from all continents to be invited for a period of four to six weeks to support their work in the SHS in France, as well as to promote creation of international research networks and contact with researchers on site.
A monthly allowance of €3 400 is awarded for transport and living expenses. In addition, FMSH provides support for visa applications and logistics (accommodation and access to libraries).
- The program is intended exclusively for holders of university professorships or equivalent positions in higher education and research institutions.
- Candidates must be under 65 years of age at the time of their stay.
- Priority is given to projects requiring fieldwork (surveys, work in libraries or archives, etc.) in France.
- Any application for the exclusive purpose of writing an article or a book will not be considered.
Evaluation process and criteria
The projects will be evaluated with regard to the following elements:
- The scientific quality of the project and the method developed
- The need to come to France to work on the planned project
- The feasibility of the project during the 4/6 weeks stay in France
Once evaluated, the applications will be selected by a commission composed of members of the Executive Board and scientific directors of the FMSH and specialists from outside the foundation.
The results will be communicated to applicants no later than November 2021.
Contents of the application and Calendar
- A curriculum vitae of 4 pages maximum (including date of birth)
- A list of scientific publications
- A 4-5 pages research project with proposed dates of stay in France and a bibliography
- A detailed work plan including the contacts to be made in France, archives and libraries to be consulted, stages of the survey to be undertaken, etc.
- A letter of support from a research laboratory in France confirming the appplicant has been offered a place during his/her stay.
Applicants are invited to submit their application online no later than June 30, 2021, 5:00 p.m. (Paris time), written in French or English.
Applications must be submitted on the platform: http://programmes.msh-paris.fr.
On the platform, in your online application for the DEA program, please indicate the year of the call: "2022" then session of the call: "Avril-Juin 2021".
Opening of the call: April 6th 2021
Deadline for application: June 30th 2021, 5:00 (Paris time)
Selection process: July to October 2021
Announcement of the results: October-November 2021
Duration of the fellowship: From 1 month up to 6 weeks
Stays starting date: From January 1st until November 15th 2022 the latest
From July 15th until August 31st (university vacations), stays are not possible
For further information or if you encounter difficulties, contact firstname.lastname@example.org