located in the historical center of Paris, Maison Suger was created in 1990 by the Foundation Maison des sciences de l'homme. Our research residence de recherche offers 33 office-housing units for foreign researchers in humanities and social sciences.
- Researchers invited by institutions in the Paris region and France (universities, schools, research centers, libraries, laboratories, etc.), or by foreign institutions, based in Paris, involved in collaborative programs.
- Researchers pursuing individual research, without formal invitation or involvement in a collaborative research program, requiring a stay in Paris (consultation of archives, libraries, meetings with colleagues, participation in scientific events, etc.)
Maison Suger favors short and medium stays (3 to 12 months). Shorter stays are possible but are lower priority (ask the secretariat for more information).
Rates are calculated according to the size and equipment of the studios. The FMSH covers part of the operating costs of the Maison Suger.
- Studettes : from 745 to 950€/month
- Small studios : 1060€/month
- Studios : from 1080 to 1270€/month
- Major studios : from 1370 to 1660€/month
- Two-room apartment : from 1680 to 1700€/month
16 rue Suger
Subway: stations Saint-Michel (exit place Saint-André-des-Arts), Odéon and Cluny-Sorbonne (line 4 & 10)
RER : line B, station Saint-Michel/Notre-Dame
Bus : lines 21, 24, 27, 38, 47, 84, 88, 96
- Fondation Maison des sciences de l'homme
- Collège de France
- Sciences Po
- Université Paris Sorbonne
- Maison de la Recherche Sorbonne Université
- École Normale Supérieure (ENS Ulm)
- Institut d'études avancées de Paris (IEA-Paris)
16 rue Suger
+33 (0)1 44 41 32 00