Franco nordic programme

Call for projects
Programme trilatéral franco-nordique
Call closed
Closed since
Programme trilatéral franco-nordique

THE FMSH and the CUNP support the implementation of franco-norvegian cooperation projects.

Hosted by the FMSH since its creation in 1998, the CUNP works to strengthen research cooperation in France and Norway in the field of humanities and social sciences (SHS).  On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of this partnership, the FMSH and the CUNP wish to launch a new Franco-Norwegian call for proposals.


This call aims to promote research collaboration in the humanities and social sciences and to support the development of new collaborative projects between French and Nordic researchers (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, and Icelandic).

The call is open to researchers from all disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, starting at the doctoral level.

The trilateral projects will last 2 years and will include the organization of international events (seminars, workshops, colloquia etc..) and/or the setting up of a network or a research project (COST, ERC, Horizon Europe etc..).

Trilateral projects must contribute to the mobility and scientific cooperation of French and Nordic researchers.

Eligibility criteria

  • The project team must involve at least 3 researchers from 3 higher education institutions: 1 Norwegian researcher who will be the project coordinator, 1 French researcher and 1 Nordic researcher (Swedish, Danish, Finnish, or Icelandic)
  • Only the norwegian coordinator has to have a permanent position and be attached to one of the following universities which will host the project during its entire duration: University of Oslo (UiO), University of Bergen (UiB), Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norwegian Arctic University (UiT)
  •  The other members of the team can be PhD students, post-doctoral fellows or researchers, either statutory or associated with a higher education institution in France or in another Nordic country
  • The activities presented must take place in the countries of the project teams
  • If necessary, it is possible to integrate a 4th partner from outside the Nordic countries: in this case, the relevance of its participation must be detailed in the project and the latter must provide co-financing.

Selection criteria

Projects will be evaluated by a selection panel that will pay particular attention to projects :

  • Innovating in terms of both the theme and the proposed activities
  • Favouring scientific interdisciplinarity and complementarity of expertise
  • Involving young researchers
  • Detailing the prospects for cooperation at the end of the project
  • With a dissemination to a large public, beyond the scientific community

Practical and financial terms

The financial amount requested may be between 10,000 and 20,000 euros over the two years.

A funding agreement will be issued for each selected project, between the Norwegian institution, the CUNP and the FMSH. Co-financing is encouraged.

  • Eligible costs: transportation and accommodation costs, expenses related to the logistical organization of events,
  • Ineligible costs: personnel costs and salaries, equipment costs (e.g. computer)

The grant will be paid in two stages: 70% of the total amount of the grant will be paid at the time of signing the agreement. The remaining 30% will be paid at the end of the two years of the project upon justification of all eligible expenses.

The Norwegian coordinator of the project will undertake to send the CUNP and the FMSH: an intermediate scientific report at the end of the first year of the project, a final scientific and financial report no later than 3 months after the end of the project.

Application form

The Norwegian coordinator is in charge of submitting the project. It will be written in English or French.

The application file must consist of :