Atlas: Central Asia > France
This call is closed since March 17, 2023
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) and the Institut Français d’Etudes sur l’Asie Centrale (IFEAC) offer short-term fellowships of three months in France for postdoc researchers from Central Asia who have presented their thesis from 2017.
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work.
This call is part of the Atlas short-term postdoctoral mobility programme offered by the FMSH and its partners.
Laureates will receive a total stipend of 4 800€ for the three months (3 instalments of 1 600 € paid at the beginning of each month of stay). This financial contribution from the FMSH is intended to cover living expenses and IFEAC covers travel expenses.
Besides, the FMSH and the IFEAC provide support for visa and logistical support to organise the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries...).
Nationality: This program is open to researchers originating from Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan (nationality is a requirement) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of these countries.
Educational Degree: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate (“Kandidat” thesis) and presented their thesis from 2017.
Theme: Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
French host institution: Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay. Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the IFEAC expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
At the end of their stay, laureates will have to provide the FMSH and the IFEAC with a report presenting the work done during their stay and the benefits for their research project.
Applicants will be required to submit an online application form and a scientific dossier (research project + appendices). The online application form will be available on the FMSH website as of January 09th 2023. Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline of March 17th 2023, 5:00pm (Paris time).
Online application and scientific dossier can be submitted in French or English.
Content of scientific dossier
The research proposal: the Research proposal should consist in a short presentation from 10 000 characters to 20 000 characters (spaces and references included) composed with:
- State of art, problematic, objective and specific aim of the research project, methodology with a DETAILED WORKPLAN
- A bibliography
- Explanation of the choice of the host laboratory
- The detailed programme of the research stay (places and institutions to be visited, contacts, workplan).
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- A list of publications
- A copy of the PhD diploma
- A letter from the director of the research institution in the country of origin
- A letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions they can offer
How to apply?
- Reach the online application form and enter «Researcher Workspace».
- You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to.
- Create your profile by filling all your personal information and then enter “create a new application”.
- Select “Programme Atlas incoming 2023” and then the specific call « FMSH-IFEAC: Asie centrale > France (2e appel) ».
- Fill all the information tabs.
- In the “Documents” final tab, you will need to upload your research proposal and the appendices into one single PDF document:
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in the country of origin
- Letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
7. You can save your application and complete it later several times if you wish, until the closure of the call for applications. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer have the possibility to amend it. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming the submission. Applications not submitted, incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
For any information on the platform or in case of you meet difficulties to use it, please contact email@example.com.
Evaluation process and criteria
A selection committee composed with members of FMSH, IFEAC and independent experts will analyse and proceed to final selection of applications regarding the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project and the candidate curricula
- The ability to identify scientific contacts in France
Candidates that have never benefited from the programme will be prioritized.
Ms Bénédicte RASTIER
Ms Diana SKIBA
Opening of the call
January 9th 2023
Deadline for application
March 17th 2023, 05:00pm (Paris time)
mid March-mid April 2023
Announcement of the results
from mid-April 2023
Duration of the fellowship
2 to 3 months
Fellowships periods of stay
from September to December 2023. The Research stay must start no later than 1 October 2023.
Number of months offered for this call