After completed her PhD in History of Education at the School of Education at University of São Paulo in 1995, Diana Goncalves Vidal began her academic career at the same University, where she became Full Professor in 2010. She is a former President of Brazilian History of Education Society and a former President of the Committee for Education at CNPq (National Council for Research), National State Department of Science and Technology, Brazil. She is currently member of the Executive Committee of ISCHE (International Standing Conference for the History of Education), member of the International Committee of CEINCE (International Center for School Culture, Spanish) and researcher 1B of CNPq. She has been awarded scholarships by a variety of organizations and foundations and served as a visiting professor in France (INRP), Spain (Universidad de Santiago de Compostela) and Argentina (FLACSO).
Title: Sexual education in the 1920’s in Brazil and France: a transnational history of education approach
School culture; School practices; Sexual education; Education and body; New Education; Gender; Schooling process; History of education
- Vidal, Diana; Paulilo, Andre. “School Culture.” In: Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Education. Ed. George Noblit. New York: Oxford University Press, 2018.
- Vidal, Diana. Transnational education in the late nineteenth century: Brazil, France and Portugal connected by a school museum. History of Education , v. 47, p. 1-14, 2017.
- Biccas, M. S. Vidal, Diana. Paulo Freire and the literacy in African countries: experiences from a political- liberating pedagogy. African journal of historical sciences in education, v. 12, p. 325-344, 2016.
- Vidal, Diana Gonçalves. 80 years of the Manifesto of the Pioneers of Educação Nova*: questions for the debate. Educação & Pesquisa, vol. 39, no. 3, São Paulo July/Sept. 2013 Epub May 10, 2013.
- Faria Filho, L. M. ; Vidal, Diana Gonçalves . History of Brazilian urban education: space and time in primary schools. In: Pink, William T.; Noblit, George W. (Eds.). (Org.). International Handbook of Urban Education. Series: Springer International Handbooks of Education: Springer, 2008, v. 19, p. 581-600.
- Vidal, Diana Gonçalves; FARIA FILHO, L. M. . The schooling process in Brazil: culture and history of education. In: Silvina Gvirtz; Jason Beech. (Org.). Going to School in Latin America. Westport: Greenwood Press, 2007, online.