[Closed] Call for international research networks in HSS | 2022
Until June 10, 2022
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l'homme (FMSH) is launching a new call for proposals to support international research networks in the social and human sciences.
This call aims to support the creation or strengthening of international research networks to enable scientific communities to be more structured, collaborate, and give greater visibility to their work.
The call is open to researchers from all disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, starting from the PhD level, as well as to research centers. The coordinator must be associated or affiliated with a French research institution or higher education establishment that will host the project for its duration. The other members of the network may be doctoral students, post-doctoral fellows or researchers without affiliation in France or abroad.
The evaluation and selection of projects will be carried out by a scientific committee that will pay particular attention to the following elements:
- The originality of the theme, the quality and relevance of the scientific project;
- The international dimension of the network;
- The interdisciplinarity of the network and the complementarity of the researchers;
- The involvement of young researchers in the network;
- The participation of actors from civil society.
Practical and financial terms
Financial support is granted for a period of two to three years for a total amount between 5 000€ and 30 000€ over the period.
This support is intended to cover expenses related to the network's activities (travel, meetings, workshops, etc.), but does not cover personnel costs or salaries.
A funding contract will be established between the FMSH and the network coordinator's institution.
The application file must include the following documents:
- A detailed presentation of the network (10,000 characters maximum) describing the composition of the network, the scientific project and the planned activities;
- CVs of the coordinator and team members including publications (maximum 3 pages per CV);
- A bibliography related to the project;
- A provisional budget with a detailed calendar (activities may start in January 2023 at the earliest).
The applications are submitted on the FMSH online platform. Incomplete applications or applications not corresponding to this call will not be considered.
An interim report will be required at the end of the first year (and the second year if applicable), and a final report will be required at the end of the project.
Teams are also asked to publish on the network of not-for-profit media The Conversation according to the themes that emerge from the network meetings.
Teams are required to use the FMSH logo on all communication documents and acknowledge FMSH support for the project in communications regarding the network (programs, posters, proceedings, documents given to participants, articles).
Application submission and calendar
Applications must be submitted as follows:
- Go to the platform http://projets.msh-paris.fr and enter the "Project workspace";
- Log in if you have already created an account, or create an account;
- Fill in your account profile for the "Project manager contact information" platform and click on "Create a project";
- Select the call: "International Research Networks - 2022";
- Fill in all categories of information about your network project;
- Specify the team coordinator and its members;
- At the bottom of the project page, upload as a single electronic document in PDF or zipped file format titled "Call for International Research Networks 2022".
Applicants are invited to submit their applications before June 10, 2022, 5:00 pm (French time).
Results will be announced in September 2022.
Managers of the selected research projects may request assistance from the FMSH in preparing applications for national and international funding programs.
Please note that projects and researchers that have already received support from the FMSH are not eligible for this call.