Seminar 2018 by Erwan Dianteill and Verónica Giménez Béliveau
This seminar aims to compare the shifts of religious practices and representations in various contemporary context. It will study transformations triggered by global situation (mobility of persons, information and goods) and by the specifics dynamics of religious movements (expansion, segmentation, dissidences).
Seminar organized by:
- Erwan Dianteill, anthropology professor, Paris Descartes university
- Veronica Gimenez Beliveau, sociology professor, Buenos Aires university
This seminar will be held monthly at the FMSH, Boulevard Raspail, in Paris, from January to June and will be conclude by an international workshop.
- Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10am to 1pm: Theoretical framework and case study (Nigeria, Benin) by Erwan Dianteill, Paris Descartes university
- Friday, March 9, 2018 - 10am to 1pm: Christianism transformation in Latin America by Veronica Gimenez Béliveau, Buenos Aires university
- Friday, April 13, 2018 - 10am to 1pm: Hinduism of today and yesterday by Serena Bindi, Paris Descartes university
- Friday, May 25, 2018 - 10am to 1pm: Chinese Buddhism transformation by Zhe JI, INALCO
- Friday, June 1st, 2018 - 10am to 1pm: Religion of Cape Verdeans in the United States : an exemple of religious globalization by Pierre-Joseph Laurent, Louvain university
- Friday, June 8, 2018 - 10am to 5pm: International workshop – Prefiguration of the chair Global anthropology of religions of the Collège d’études mondiales.