[Closed] Call for proposal | Herman Diederiks Prize
Until October 31, 2021
To pay tribute to its founding president, the International Association for the History of Crime and Criminal Justice (IAHCCJ), with the support of the FMSH, established a prize to reward a novel article relating to the field of crime history and penal justice.
The prize rewards an article written by a researcher at the beginning of their career (doing their PhD or PhD for 3 years maximum at the date of submission to the review). Inside the given field, all subjects are relevant.
The article must be written in French or in English and be unpublished.
The rewarded article will be published in the Crime, History & Societies review and the prizewinner will benefit from a €1 000 grant to help his/her research.
Manuscripts, along with a C.V. must be addressed before October 31th 2021, to the Crime, History & Societies editor-in-chief, preferably by email (address below).
Department of History - Faculty of Arts
The Open University
Walton Hall, MILTON KEYNES MK7 6AA
E-mail : CHS@open.ac.uk
The redaction comity is the jury :
- Bretschneider (Falk), EHESS/Centre Georg Simmel (France)
- Blanchard (Emmanuel), UVSQ-CESDIP (France)
- De Koster (Margo), V.U. Amsterdam (Nederland)
- Denys (Catherine), University of Lille (France)
- Van der Heijden (Manon P.C.), V.U. Amsterdam (Nederland)
- Johansen (Anja), University of Dundee (Scotland, UK)
- Kalifa (Dominique), U. Paris 1-Panthéon-Sorbonne (France)
- Lawrence (Paul), The Open University (UK)
- Lévy (René), CESDIP/GERN-CNRS (France)
- Porret (Michel), University of Geneva (Switzerland)
- Rousseaux (Xavier), Catholic University of Louvain-FNRS (Belgium)
- Sharpe (James A.), U. of York (UK)
- Weinhauer (Klaus), U. Bielefeld (Deutschland)
Opening of the call: June 1st, 2021
Deadline for application: October 31, 2021
Selection process: November 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
Announcement of the results: early 2022
Content of the Prize: publication of the selected article in the revue ; research grant of 1 000 euros