Mariia Pivovarova is currently holding a position of Associate Professor at Public Relations Department (Voronezh State University, Russia) and teaching several PR and Advertising-related courses. Having graduated from Voronezh State Pedagogical University in 2004 she started her teaching career at the Department of Foreign Languages (VSPU). In 2010 she entered Journalism Department (Voronezh State University, Russia) to pursue her Master`s Degree. In 2015 Mariia defended her Ph.D thesis devoted to the history of French and English advertising of the XVII-XIX centuries.
Title : French and Russian Advertising: Cultural Aspect
Exploring any country’s culture through advertising proves to be quite effective as advertisements appear to be solid evidence of people’s values, lifestyles, aspirations. The proposed research is to place advertising in line with other socially relevant studies. The project aims at analyzing contemporary French and Russian advertising in order to define the main original cultural features of these countries revealed through advertising.
Advertising, French advertising, Russian advertising, media, culture
- Pivovarova M. I. National Identity of Advertising in the Context of Globalization // Journalism in 2012: Social Mission and Profession: International Conference Proceedings of 9-11February 2013, – Moscow, 2013. – P. 339 – 340.
- Pivovarova M. I. Mentality and Advertising Discourse // Aksenty. Novelties in Mass Communication, Volume 1-2. – Voronezh, 2013. – P. 66 – 68.
- Pivovarova M. I. Problematics and Themes of English Print Advertisements in the XVII Century // Journalism in the XXI Century: Origins, System, Dynamics, Volume 1. – Krasnodar, 2013. – P. 54-57.
- Pivovarova M. I. Evolution of Advertising Genres in France / Vestnik of VSU. Philology. Journalism, № 1. – Voronezh, 2014. – P. 203-205.
- Pivovarova M. I. Mentality and Epoch Peculiarities in the Mirror of the Advertising Poster (through the Example of England and France of the Late 19th Century) // Vestnik of VSU. Philology. Journalism, № 3. – Voronezh, 2014. – P. 136-139.
- Pivovarova M. I. Major Tendencies of French Advertising Development in the XIX Century // Communication in the Contemporary World: All-Russian Conference «Problems of Mass Communication» of 16-17 May 2014, Volume 2. – Voronezh, 2015. – P. 42-44.
- Pivovarova M. I. Epoch of Global Changes: French Advertising in the Latter Half of the XX Century // Communication in the Contemporary World: All-Russian Conference «Problems of Mass Communication» of 15-16 May 2015, Volume 2. – Voronezh, 2015. – P. 22 – 23.
- Pivovarova M. I. , Konopelko I. P. The «Belle Epoque» in French Newspaper Advertisements/ Vestnik of VSU. Philology. Journalism, № 2. – Voronezh, 2017. – P. 113-116.