Call for applications | Atlas 2023 | Belarus, Moldova, Russia > France
Postdoctoral fellowship | Until December 9th, 2022
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) and the Centre d’Etudes Franco-Russe (CEFR) of Moscow offer short-term fellowships of two or three months in France for postdoc researchers from Belarus, Moldova and Russia who have presented their thesis from 2017.
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work.
This call is part of the Atlas short-term postdoctoral mobility programme offered by the FMSH and its partners.
Laureates will receive a monthly stipend of 1 600€. This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
Besides, the FMSH and the CEFR provide support for visa and logistical support to organise the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries...).
Nationality: This program is open to researchers originating from Belarus, Moldova or Russia (nationality is a requirement) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of these countries.
Educational Degree: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate (“Kandidat” thesis) and presented their thesis from 2017.
Theme: Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
French host institution: Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay. Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the CEFR expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
At the end of their stay, laureates will have to provide the FMSH and the CEFR with a report presenting the work done during their stay and the benefits for their research project.
Applicants will be required to submit an online application form and a scientific dossier (research project + appendices). The online application form will be available on the FMSH website as of September 19th, 2022. Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline of December 9th, 2022, 17:00 (Paris time).
Online application and scientific dossier can be submitted in French or English.
Content of scientific dossier
The research proposal: the research proposal should consist in a short presentation from 10 000 characters to 20 000 characters (spaces and references included) composed with:
- State of art, problematic, objective and specific aim of the research project, methodology.
- A bibliography
- The detailed programme of the research stay (places and institutions to be visited, contacts, workplan).
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- A list of publications
- A copy of the PhD diploma
- A letter from the director of the research institution in the country of origin
- A letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions they can offer
How to apply?
- Reach the online application form and enter «Researcher Workspace».
- You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to.
- Create your profile by filling all your personal information and then enter “create a new application”.
- Select “Programme Atlas incoming 2023” and then the specific call "FMSH-CEFR: Biélorussie, Moldavie, Russie > France".
- Fill all the information tabs.
- In the “Documents” final tab, you will need to upload your research proposal and the appendices into one single PDF document:
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in your country
- Letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
7. You can save your application and complete it later several times if you wish, until the closure of the call for applications. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer have the possibility to amend it. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming the submission. Applications not submitted, incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
For any information on the platform or in case of you meet difficulties to use it, please contact email@example.com.
Evaluation process and criteria
A selection committee composed with members of FMSH, CEFR and independent experts will analyse and proceed to final selection of applications regarding the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project and the candidate curricula
- The ability to identify scientific contacts in France
Candidates that have never benefited from the programme will be prioritized.
Candidates will be informed by email of the results in February 2023.
Opening of the call: 19th September 2022
Deadline for application: 9th December 2022, 17:00 (Paris time)
Selection process: January–February 2023
Announcement of the results: February 2023
Duration of the fellowship: 2 or 3 months
Fellowships periods of stay: From March to July or from September to December 2023. The Research stay must start no later than 1st October 2023.
Number of months offered for this call: 10
FMSH: Mr Vlad BERINDEI firstname.lastname@example.org
CEFR: Mrs Evgeniya SAMOSHNIKOVA email@example.com