Uzbekistan > France | Atlas postdoctoral fellowship - 2021
Deadline for application : March 15th, 2021
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work.
This call is part of the Atlas short-term postdoctoral mobility programme offered by the FMSH and its partners.
Laureates will receive a total stipend of 2055 euros (1 instalment paid at the beginning of the stay). This financial contribution is intended to cover accommodation costs.
The French Embassy in Uzbekistan will pay for the plane tickets (way and back).
Besides, the FMSH and the French Embassy in Uzbekistan provide support for visa and logistical support to organize the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries...).
Nationality : This program is open to researchers originating from Uzbekisatn (nationality is a requirement) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in Uzbekistan.
Educational Degree: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate (“Kandidat” thesis).
Theme: Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
French host institution: When submitting, the candidate must provide a support letter from a French colleague, affiliated with a French institution of higher education and research, who supports his stay in France. The letter has to be addressed to FMSH and the French Embassy in Uzbekistan.
At the end of their stay, laureates will have to provide the FMSH and the French Embassy in Uzbekistan a report presenting the work done during their stay and the benefits for their research project.
Applicants will be required to submit an online application form and a scientific dossier (research project + appendices). The online application form will be available on the FMSH website as of January 11th 2021. Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline of March 15th 2021, 17:00 (Paris time).
Online application and scientific dossier can be submitted in French or English.
Content of scientific dossier
The research proposal: the research proposal should consist in a short presentation from 10 000 characters to 20 000 characters (spaces and references included) composed with:
- State of art, problematic, objective and specific aim of the research project, methodology.
- A bibliography
- The detailed programme of the research stay (places and institutions to be visited, contacts, workplan).
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- A list of publications
- A copy of the PhD diploma
- A letter from the director of the research institution in Uzbekistan
- A letter of support from a colleague, member of a research institution in France
How to apply?
- Reach the online application form and enter «Researcher Workspace».
- You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to.
- Create your profile by filling all your personal information and then enter “create a new application”.
- Select “Programme Atlas incoming 2021” and then the specific call « FMSH-Uzbekistan : Uzbekistan > France ».
- Fill all the information tabs.
- In the “Documents” final tab, you will need to upload your research proposal and the appendices into one single PDF document:
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in Uzbekistan
- Letter of support from a colleague, member of a research institution in France
7. You can save your application and complete it later several times if you wish, until the closure of the call for applications. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer have the possibility to amend it. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming the submission. Applications not submitted, incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
For any information on the platform or in case of you meet difficulties to use it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Evaluation process and criteria
A selection committee composed with members of FMSH, the French Embassy in Uzbekistan and independent experts will analyze and proceed to final selection of applications regarding the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project and the candidate curricula
- The ability to identify scientific contacts in France
Candidates that have never benefited from the programme will be prioritized.
Candidates will be informed by email of the results early April 2021.
Opening of the call: 11th January 2021
Deadline for application: 15th March 2021, 17:00 (Paris time)
Selection process: mid-March 2021 – end of March 2021
Announcement of the results: Early April 2021
Duration of the fellowship: 1 month
Fellowships periods of stay: From May to July or from September to December 2021. The Research stay must start no later than 1st November2021.
Number of months offered for this call: 3
FMSH : Ms Bénédicte RASTIER email@example.com
French Embassy in Uzbekistan : Ms Maëva Laureen GODARD firstname.lastname@example.org