Atlas 2019 – Mexico and Central America > France | postdoctoral fellowship
Call closed since March 17, 2019
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH), The Centre des Etudes Mexicaines et Centraméricaines (CEMCA) and the Institut national d’études démographiques (INED) offer short-term fellowships of two months in France for young postdoc researchers from Mexico or Central America who have presented their thesis since 2013.
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work.
This call is part of the Atlas short-term postdoctoral mobility program offered by the FMSH and its partners.
Laureates will receive a total stipend of €3 000 for the two months (2 instalments paid at the beginning of each month of stay). This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
The Cooperation and Cultural Action Service (SCAC) of the French embassy in Mexico will pay for the plane tickets (way and back).
Moreover, the FMSH and the CEMCA will help to obtain a French visa and will bring a logistical support to organize the stay (letters for libraries…).
Nationality/Residence: This program is open to candidates from Nicaragua, Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Belize and Mexico who are affiliated with an institution of higher education and research / institute of research based in those countries.
Educational Degree: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2013.
Theme: Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
French host institution: The searcher will be welcome at INED.
At the end of their stay, laureates will have to provide the FMSH, the CEMCA and the INED with a report from 10 000 and 20 000 characters (spaces and notes included) presenting the work done during their stay and the benefits for their research project.
Applicants will be required to submit an online application form and a scientific dossier (research project + appendices). The online application form will be available on the FMSH website as of 15 January 2019. Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline of March 17, 2019 5:00pm (Paris time).
Online application and scientific dossier can be submitted in French or English.
Content of scientific dossier
The research proposal: the research proposal should consist in a short presentation from 10 000 characters to 20 000 characters (spaces and references included) composed with:
- A problematic and objective and specific aim of the research project.
- A bibliography
- The detailed program of the research stay (places and institutions to be visited, contacts, work plan).
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- A list of publications
- A copy of the PhD diploma
- A letter from the director of the research institution in the country of origin.
- A letter of invitation from the INED expressing the institution’s motivations to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions they can offer.
How to apply?
- Reach the online application form and enter «Researcher Workspace».
- You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to.
- Create your profile by filling all your personal information and then enter “create a new application”.
- Select “Programme Atlas incoming 2019” and then the specific call "FMSH-CEMCA-INED : Mexique et Amérique Centrale > France".
- Fill all the information tabs.
- In the “Documents” final tab, you will need to upload your research proposal and the appendices into one single PDF document :
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in the country of origin
- Letter of invitation from the INED.
7. You can save your application and complete it later several times if you wish, until the closure of the call for applications. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer have the possibility to amend it. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming the submission. Applications not submitted, incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
For any information on the platform or in case of you meet difficulties to use it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Evaluation process and criteria
A selection committee composed with members of FMSH, INED, CEMCA and independent experts will analyze and proceed to final selection of applications regarding the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project and the candidate curricula
- The ability to identify scientific contacts in France
Candidates that have never benefited from the program will be prioritized.
Candidates will be informed by email of the results early-April 2019.
Opening of the call: January 15, 2019
Deadline for application: March 17, 2019 - 5:00pm (Paris time)
Selection process: March 18 – April 5, 2019
Announcement of the results: early April 2019
Duration of the fellowship: 2 months
Fellowships periods of stay: From May to July 2019, or from September to December. The stay will have to be in 2019.
Number of available stay: 1
Contact and information
FMSH: Ms Amandine SAMSON email@example.com
CEMCA : Ms Marcela LEON firstname.lastname@example.org
INED : Ms Christine GANDRILLE email@example.com