2021 Call of proposal | French-Russian scientific projects
Deadline : October 30, 2020
For projects starting in 2021
The Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) and the Fondation Maison des sciences de l'homme (FMSH) are pleased to launch their joint call of proposal for 2021.
The aim of this call is to unite the efforts of the RFBR and the FMSH to support bilateral scientific initiatives proposed by researchers and research groups in France and Russia which, by their high level, are capable of strengthening scientific cooperation between the researchers of the two countries.
Eligibility criteria for projects
The proposals should consist in scientific research projects carried out jointly by researchers or teams of researchers from Russian and French institutions (minimum two / maximum ten persons per side).
Projects submitted must cover at least one of the following disciplines:
- History, Archeology, Ethnology and Anthropology;
- Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Law, Social History of Science and Technology, Science;
- Philology and Art History;
- Psychology, Fundamental Problems of Education, Social Problems of Human Health and Ecology;
- Global Problems and International Relations.
For the French part, here are some details:
- Two applications must be sent, respectively to the RFBR for the Russian part and to the FMSH for the French part. However, it is not necessary for the projects to have the same terms. The Russian team presents the project to the RFBR mentioning the partnership with the French and vice versa for the French team with the FMSH.
- The French part must present the project in French in accordance with the procedure detailed below.
- The person or persons responsible of the project must hold their position in their institution. Then they can join associate researchers, doctoral students, etc.
- The duration of the projects is 2 or 3 years.
- Intermediary report will be required every year and a final report at the end of the project.
For the Russian part, consult the RFBR website
The FMSH finances the expenses of the team of researchers from French institutions up to a maximum of 5000 euros per project.
The FMSH mostly finances mission expenses (travel cost and subsistence expenses).
When the selected projects will be announced, The FMSH will let the project coordinators know about the annual budget repartition.
How to apply and schedule
Applications must be received by the FMSH no later than October 30th, 2020.
Warning: any project that is not submitted to both the FMSH for the French team and the RFBR for the Russian team will be ineligible.
The French and Russian files will then be appraised. For the French part, the following elements will be taken into account:
- the innovative nature of the research project;
- the theoretical and methodological framework of the project;
- the feasibility of the work program and the expected results;
- the scientific qualifications and skills of each team;
- The tangible character of the Franco-Russian cooperation.
The results will be communicated to the teams in Spring 2021.
Amandine SAMSON : firstname.lastname@example.org (Phone: +33 (0)1 40 48 64 86)
Natalya BELAYA : email@example.com (+7 499 70 28 556)
Opening of the call: July 20th 2020
Deadline for application: October 30th 2020, 5 :00 pm (hour in Paris)
Selection process: October 31st 2020 – end of January 2021
Announcement of the results: early March 2021