Actions at regional level
A COMUE and numerous partnerships
Ever since its founding, the Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme has worked for the rejuvenation of French research. In 2015, the FMSH selected USPC as a framework for encouraging new dynamics in the social sciences and humanities and forming new partnerships
The FMSH as a member of USPC
In 2015, the Foundation opted to join the Community of Universities and Institutions (COMUE) Université Sorbonne Paris Cité, as it shares USPC’s policy stance and its vision of the fundamental role of higher education and research in the prosperity and cohesion of a society.
Combining excellence, boldness and social promotion, USPC is the perfect framework to support the FMSH in its efforts to promote interdisciplinarity, internationalization and scientific innovation.
Membership in USPC means participating in the COMUE’s collective efforts as well as developing more limited forms of collaboration with one or more other members. Such collaboration has been initiated or is planned with:
- Paris-Diderot University in the framework of the Collège d’études mondiales (François Jullien’s chair on otherness);
- Sorbonne nouvelle-Paris 3 University on the dissemination of scientific knowledge;
- Sciences Po on the development of the experimental digital space and research on the changes occurring in higher education;
- INALCO on the issue of cultural areas (in conjunction with the Scientific Interest Groups led by the CNRS);
- Paris 13 University on the link between research and creation;
- Paris-Descartes University on digital applications for higher education.
- Cergy-Pontoise University for the development of the Centre d’information et de recherche sur l’Allemagne contemporaine (CIRAC);
- Conference of University Presidents for the development of the Alliance Athéna, support for the SSH Observatory and Canal-U, and a number of actions to promote the internationalization of SSH;
- Paris Institute for Advanced Study: the FMSH is a member of the Collège des institutions scientifiques, alongside Paris-Nanterre University, Sorbonne nouvelle-Paris 3 University, EPHE, Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University, Paris 7 Diderot University, Pierre and Marie Curie University, Université Paris 5 - Descartes University, the EHESS, Paris-Sorbonne Paris IV University, the École normale supérieure (ENS) and the ENS Cachan;
- Maison Suger: a residence and intellectual workspace that since 1990 has hosted researchers in all fields and nationalities invited by the FMSH and its partners