New ways of archiving and classifying Human and Social Sciences
The growth of copying and recording techniques, as demonstrated on the Web, require us to rethink the nature of information and communication, along with the relationship between media and archives. This initiative, entrusted to Maurizio Ferraris, Professor of Philosophy at the University of Turin, explores the conceptual tensions generated by these technologies, along with the new Web-generated links between knowledge, memory and power. The international colloquium 'Total Mobilization: Web and Social Reality', 15-17 October 2015, Paris, was organised by M. Ferraris, E. Terrone, A. Condello, S. Guindani, in partnership with the Iri (Centre Pompidou) and LabOnt (University of Turin).
Seminar 2018: Documental Mobilization revolution – From capital to Documental Mobilization
Documental Mobilization, meaning union between the instituted strength of documents and media dynamic, transformed quickly the social word with a power which only equivalent is the capitalist revolution at the beginning of the 19th century. Yet, this shift have not been conceptualized and we are used to read it as an evolution of capitalism, whereas it is actually a radical transformation introducing a discontinuity which characteristics must be analysed.
This seminar is organised by Maurizio Ferraris, in charge of the Documental Mobilization research initiative, Sara Guindani, Enrico Terrone and Angela Condello.
It will be held at the forum library (1st floor) of the Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme, 54 bd Raspail, 75006, Paris.
- Tuesday, January 9, 2018 from 5pm to 7:30pm, "Capital, Mediality, Documental Mobilization" by Maurizio Ferraris and Bernard Stiegler
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018 from 5pm to 7:30pm, "From goods to documents" by Claire Scopsi and Michele Spanò
- Tuesday, January 23, 2018 from 5pm to 7:30pm, "From work to mobilisation" by Marc De Vos and Angela Condello
- Tuesday, January 30, 2018 from 5pm to 7:30pm, "From subsistence to reconnaissance" by Alberto Romele and Matteo Treleani
- Tuesday, February 6, 2018 from 5pm to 7:30pm, "From alienation to self-affirmation", by Janne Nielsen and Jacek Smolicki
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018 from 5pm to 7:30pm, "From social class to monad" by Markus Gabriel and Jocelyn Benoist (TBC)
- Tuesday, February 20, 2018 from 2pm to 7:30pm "What should we do?"