Call for projects
The Research and Prospective Pole of the Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH), supports the creation of projects dedicated to innovative themes in the humanities and social sciences (SHS).
This call for projects is a feature of one of the main missions of the FMSH, which is to provide scientific and material support to research projects that are in the early stages of their development and can use the support of the FMSH to develop further their scientific content, methodology, and research networks.
From this perspective, the Research and Prospective pole also offers laureates technical support so that, at the end of the period, they can set up larger projects, particularly with the ANR or major European research programs.
Call for projects 2020
Calls are now closed.
A specific scientific committee will analyse and proceed to a selection of applications regarding the following criteria:
- The collaborative dimension, with small team of 3 to 6 person (among which the project coordinator is a statutory member of a research or higher education French or based in France institution; the others members can be doctoral student, post-doctoral or researcher without affiliation), recently formed around one of the two themes in question and likely to constitute larger research network.
- The originality of the research question and the approach with a special attention to interdisciplinary and international projects.
Financial and practical details
- The project is finance for two consecutive years by a total of €20 000 (€10 000 each year);
- The support concern the different expenses link to the project activities (travel, accommodation, restoration, events logistic expenses…), except wages and personnel costs;
- A contract will be drawn up between the FMSH and the institution of the project coordinator.
Application form content:
- A detail description of the project (10 pages max) including the problematic, the methodology and the project objectives;
- A detail and up-to-date Curriculum vitae of the coordinator and team members;
- A bibliography linked to the project;
- An estimated budget and a precise calendar (beginning of the project expected January 2021).
Applicants will be required to submit an online application form.
Incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
- A progress report must be submitted at the end of the first year. The teams also commit to provide a final report, which may be published as a Working Paper, an article, or a book;
- Regarding communication:
- The FMSH logo must be on all communication documents
- The financial support of the FMSH must be stipulated in every oral or written communication (programmes, posters, documents for the participants, articles).
Call deadline and calendar
Applicants are invited to submit their projetcts by midnight on 26 June 2020.
The results will be communicated to the candidates by mid-July 2020 (depending on the evolution of the current public health crisis and confinement).
For any any information regarding this call for projects, contact the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or call +33 (0) 1 40 48 65 39 (after the confinement period).