Sudan > France | Post-doc mobility
Deadline : 31 May 2017
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH), French Embassy in Sudan (AMB) and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of Sudan (MOHE), offer short-term mobility of two months in France for young researchers from Sudan that have defended their PhD thesis after 2007.
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France : field enquiries, library work and archives.
This call is part of the Atlas Programme offered by the FMSH and its partners.
Duration of the mobility: 2 months
Next deadline for applications: 31 May 2017
Period of stay: Between 1 September and 15 December 2017
Number of mobilities offered : 2
Laureates will receive a total stipend of 3 400 € (paid in 2 instalments of 1 700 euros each). This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
Laureates will be considered as “Boursier du Gouvernement Français” and will have access to affordable accommodation and social security for the time of their stay.
Laureates will also benefit from free visa and logistical support.
The researcher will have to be hosted by a French laboratory / center of research.
At the end of his stay, laureates will have to give the FMSH, the AMB and the MOHE, a one to two pages maximum report on the activities he conducted during his stay and what benefits they brought to his research project.
Laureates will also provide, within 60 days after its return, a long version of the report (around 4 000 words) that might be published on CEDEJ Khartoum website after the assessment of CEDEJ-Khartoum experts.
You don’t have French scientific contact yet or you haven’t found a laboratory / research center to host you in France?
Visit SHSlab : this tool was created by the Observatory of Social and Human Sciences. It enable to launch keyword search to find areas of research in France and research institutions : http://www.observatoire-shs.org/unites-de-recherche
- Applicants must be Sudanese nationals and be affiliated with a public institution of higher education and research / public institute of research in Sudan
- Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis after 2007. There is no limit of age.
- Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences (anthropology, literature and art studies, history, geography, philosophy, political science, sociology, archeology etc.) and art studies, history, geography, philosophy, political science, sociology, archeology etc.)
Evaluation process and criteria
A selection committee composed with FMSH, AMB, MOHE and external experts will analyze the application regarding the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project and the candidate curricula
- The ability to identify scientific contacts in France
Applications must be submitted electronically via the online application form no later than 31 May 2017. Applications may be completed in French or in English.
- Reach the online application form http://calls.msh-paris.fr and enter «Researcher Workspace».
- You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to.
- Create your profile by filling all your personal information and then enter “create a new application”.
- Select “Programme Atlas incoming ANNEE 2017” and then the specific call « FMSH-AMB-MOHE : Soudan > France».
- Fill all the information tabs.
- In the “Documents” final tab, you will need to upload, into one single PDF document, your application form composed with:
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The copy of your PhD diploma.
- A letter from the director of the host laboratory / center of research in France.
- A letter from the director of the institution to which you belong in Sudan.
- A presentation with a maximum length of 10 000 characters (spaces and references included) consisting of:
- The objective and specific aim of the research project.
- A bibliography.
- The detailed program of the research stay (places and institutions to be visited, contacts).
7. You can save your application and complete it later several times if you wish, until the closure of the call for applications. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer have the possibility to amend it.
For any information on the platform or in case of you meet difficulties to use it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
Applications will be evaluated by a selection committee and candidates will be informed of the results at the end of June 2017.
FMSH : Marion FANJAT email@example.com
AMB : Michel ROY firstname.lastname@example.org
MOHE : Ahmed FAHAL email@example.com