Challenges in public higher education : an interdisciplinary perspective
Le programme Inde et Asie du sud / FMSH s'associe à la University Grants Commission (UGC), l'Indian Council for Social Sciences Research (ICSSR), l'Indian Council for Historical Research (ICHR), l'Indian Council for Philosophical Research (ICPR), pour ce colloque international sur l'enseignement supérieur.
The seminar will look at the challenges of public higher education in a comparative perspective. The comparative perspective should throw light on the strengths and weaknesses of the two public systems and provide the paths to way forward for its strengthening.
The session will be structured under following themes :
- philosophical underpinnings / dimensions of higher education
- historical roots of the public education system
- financing / economics of higher education
- public higher education in a globalised world
- Social dimensions in higher education : perspectives of inclusiveness and inequality
- governance, accountability and the question of autonomy
- quality assurance and assessment.