The FMSH’s ERC project development assistance facility
The facility provides:
- assistance with all technical, administrative and financial matters relating to the project;
- academic support: information and advice on the expectations of scientific advisory committees and evaluators, on the breakdown of project components (context, objectives, methods, etc.), on the scope of the project and project team, and on scheduling;
- logistical support: availability of meeting rooms, assistance in organizing project preparation, etc.;
- financial assistance of up to €2,500 to cover various expenses (translation, revision of English text, travel, etc.)
The FMSH Europe unit, headed by Sylvie Gangloff (NCP/SH), will monitor all aspects of the set-up of the selected projects.
Requirements for participation
Applicants for assistance under ERC++ must:
- submit a project in the humanities and social sciences for ERC funding;
- undertake, if the project is accepted, to designate the FMSH to manage the grant funding as lead organization;
- not have responded previously to ERC calls for projects, or, for those who have previously responded, must have received a note of A or B at the second evaluation stage;
- receive no funding from the French National Research Agency’s “Tremplin-ERC” (T-ERC) facility at the time of filing the ERC application
Application package and selection process
The application should contain (i) a CV with a list of publications, (ii) a letter in which the applicant undertakes to file an ERC grant application, (iii) a draft project proposal (2-3 pages).
Grant winners are selected by a scientific advisory committee established under the direct responsibility of the FMSH Management Board.
Applications must be filed at least six months before the closing date of the ERC call concerned.
Upcoming deadlines for submission of ERC++ applications to the FMSH:
- Starting Grant Call 2019: 31 May 2018 for submission to the ERC in mid-October 2018
- Consolidator Grant Call 2019: 30 September 2018 for submission to the ERC in mid-February 2019
- Advanced Grant Call 2019: before 31 March 2019 for submission to the ERC in late August 2019
Amount of financial assistance
Financial assistance is limited to a maximum of €2,500.
These funds are used to cover the following expenditures related to project preparation:
- costs of organizing workshops for project preparation;
- travel costs (air or train fare, taxis, public transport, hotel, food and drink);
- cost of French-English translation or revision of English text.
Only by email (engagement letter, a resume and draft project in attached files) to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact and informations
email@example.com | +33-1 40 48 64 87