A web portal for calls for projects in the social sciences and the humanities
fund┋it is a web portal for calls for projects in the social sciences and the humanities. It aims to increase the attractiveness of France as a research destination and to facilitate international research mobility.
fund┋it pools and publishes all funding opportunities for mobility and research in the social sciences and humanities worldwide.
Three main goals
- Assisting the international research community in finding calls for applications in the social sciences and humanities and enhancing the contribution to European and international calls for projects
- Encouraging research mobility within Europe and worldwide
- Increasing the attractiveness of France as a research destination
Filter, save, stay up-to-date
fund┋it features four main categories: two for incoming and outgoing research mobility, and two for funding opportunities in France, Europe and worldwide. Filters allow to refine the search by country, discipline, institution type or research topic. By creating an account, users can save their preferences and receive personalised e-mail notifications.
A hub for exchange of information
fund┋it helps connect international social sciences and humanities research communities by providing several additional tools:
- a blog, presenting first-hand reports, tips and tricks – fundit.hypotheses.org
- the pop-up “Why go for it”, highlighting important aspects of a call and providing exclusive expert assessment
- a LinkedIn discussion group to share advice and experience
- a Facebook and Twitter account
- a monthly newsletter and personalised alerts
A cooperative development
Fund┋it is part of the Plan national pour les SHS, published in July 2016 by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MENESR, Les S.H.S., un investissement pour l'avenir). Fund┋it has been conceived and developped by the Réseau français des instituts d’études avancées (RFIEA) foundation, in partnership with the Fondation Maison des sciences de l’Homme (FMSH) and supported by the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS).
Fund┋it is funded by the Labex RFIEA+ (Investissements d'Avenir programme, run by the French National Research Agency (ANR)) and by the MENESR's Direction générale de la recherche et de l'innovation, within the framework of the Plan national pour les SHS, 2016.
Les S.H.S., un investissement pour l'avenir. 10 premières mesures en faveur des sciences humaines et sociales
Fund┋it is part of measure nr. 3 of the Plan national pour les SHS: Faciliter l'accès aux financements par appels d'offres des S.H.S.