DEA Programme | 3rd Call 2020
Deadline for application : March 31 2020
Created in 1975 upon the initiative of Fernand Braudel, in collaboration with the French Secretary of State for Universities, Department for Higher Education and Research, the DEA Programme (Directeurs d’Études Associés, or Associate Research Directors) is the oldest international mobility programme at Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme.
It provides funding to invite, from four to six weeks, international professors and senior researchers with a PhD, or equivalent, working in institutions of higher education and research, from all across the globe to come in France and enables them to carry out work in France (field enquiries, library work and archives).
A monthly allowance of 3 300 € is awarded for transport and stay expenses. In addition, FMSH provides support for visa applications and logistics (accommodation and access to libraries).
- The programme is intended solely for senior researchers, with a PhD or equivalent, and working in institutions of higher education and research.
- Applicants must be no older than 65 at the time of their stay.
- The research stay in France must be justified
Evaluation process and criteria
Projects will be evaluated according to those criteria :
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project
After a scientific expertise of the research projects, decisions regarding invitations are made by a commission made up of the FMSH president and scientific directors, as well as various specialists
Results will be communicated directly to applicants the latest by July 2020.
Contents of the application and Calendar
- A curriculum vitae of 4 pages (including date of birth)
- A list of scientific publications
- A research project (4-5 pages) and a bibliography
- A letter of support by a French researcher is welcome
Applications shall be sent by March 31st 2020, 5:00pm (Paris time).
Applications written in French or English should be sent via our online platform : http://programmes.msh-paris.fr
Once on the platform, in your online application for DEA, please select for the year of the call : “2020” and for the session of the call : “janv-mars 2020”.
Opening of the call: January 14 2020
Deadline for application: March 31 2020, 5:00 (Paris time)
Selection process: April-May-June 2020
Announcement of the results: July latest 2020
Duration of the fellowship: From 1 month up to 6 weeks
Stays starting date: From September to October 31st 2020 the latest
From July 15th until August 31st (university vacations), stays are not possible
For further information or if you encounter difficulties, contact firstname.lastname@example.org