Call for French-Russian projects 2018
Application deadline: October 16, 2017
The Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) and the Fondation Maison des Sciences de l'Homme (FMSH) are pleased to announce the opening of their joint project call for 2018.
The aim of this call is to unite the efforts of the RFBR and the FMSH to support bilateral scientific initiatives proposed by researchers and research groups in France and Russia which, by their high level, are capable of strengthening scientific cooperation between the researchers of the two countries.
Eligibility criteria for projects
Projects submitted must cover at least one of the following disciplines:
- History; Archeology; Ethnography;
- Economics ;
- Philosophy ; Sociology; Political Science; Jurisprudence; Epistemology
- Philology; Knowledge (study) of arts
- Complex study of human beings; Psychology; Pedagogy; Social problems of medicine and ecology of human beings;
- Social history of science and technology
- Global studies and international relations
May be filed as part of this call:
- Scientific research projects to be carried out jointly by teams of researchers from Russian and French institutions (maximum ten persons per side);
For the Russian part, consult the RFBR website
For the French part, here are some details:
- It is indeed, and we insist on this point, projects which must be the subject of a genuine Franco-Russian cooperation. Two files must therefore be filed, respectively with the RFBR for the Russian part and with the FMSH for the French part. However, it is not necessary for the projects to have the same terms. The Russian team presents the project to the RFBR mentioning the partnership with the French and vice versa for the French team with the FMSH.
- The person or persons responsible of the project must hold their position in their institution. Then they can join associate researchers, doctoral students, etc.
- The duration of the projects is 1, 2 or 3 years.
- An activity report is requested at the end of the project.
For the research projects, the FMSH finances the expenses of the team of researchers from French institutions up to a maximum of 5000 euros per project over three years.
How to apply and schedule
Applications must be received by the FMSH no later than October 16, 2017.
Warning: any project that is not submitted to both the FMSH for the French team and the RFH for the Russian team will be ineligible.
The French and Russian files will then be appraised. For the French part, the following elements will be taken into account:
- the innovative nature of the research project;
- the theoretical and methodological framework of the project;
- the feasibility of the work program and the expected results;
- the scientific qualifications and skills of the teams;
- The tangible character of the Franco-Russian cooperation.
The results will be communicated to the teams at the end of March 2018.
Marion Fanjat : email@example.com (Phone: +33 (0)1 40 48 64 86)
Marta Craveri : firstname.lastname@example.org
Yana Smirnova : email@example.com (Phone: +7 499 7028572)
Natalya Belaya : firstname.lastname@example.org (Phone: +7 499 70 28 556)