Wassila Benkirane, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Socioloy at the Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University of Fez and Researcher at the Laboratory of Sociology of Social Development LASDES and member of the CM2S (Moroccan Center of Social Sciences), her sociological research focuses on gender studies, immigration and sociology of organizations and sociology of health.
She has published articles on various social themes such as gender and the family code, the impact of climate change on human mobility in general and on female immigration in particular, the work & women's entrepreneurship, disability, etc. Her latest research is about polygamy and child marriage in Morocco.
Currently she is working on "strategies of integration of Moroccan workers in the service companies: a case study of insertion in service companies in Ile de France" as a part of Postdoctoral Research at IRMECCEN in the Sorbonne Nouvelle University (Paris 3).
Title: Strategies of the integration of Moroccan workers in service companies: a case study of insertion in service companies in Ile de France
Keywords: Strategies, integration, organization, selective immigration, Moroccan workers, service companies, Ile de France
- "The Family Code: Between Evolving Social Roles and Gender Resistance", Collective Work: Morocco in the Present, Ed. Al Saoud Foundation, Casablanca, 2015, pp: 883-891, ISBN: 978-9954 -0-3620-4
- "Applied research on disability in Africa: Mapping of Maghreb and West Africa ", report co-authored by Benkirane Wassila and Abdallah Zouhairi, FIRAH International Foundation for Applied Research on Disability, Paris, 2015
- "Gender and Climate Migration in Africa, Proceedings of the Symposium Labeled COP22: Climate Migrations: Trends and Challenges", Ministry of MRE and Migration Affairs, May 20, 2016
- "Report on Child Marriage in the MENA region", European Union, Embassy of Norway, Law & Justice Association, Rabat, September 2017
- "Report on polygamy in Morocco", European Union, Embassy of Norway, Law & Justice Association, Rabat, January 2018
- "The daily life of people with disabilities: accessibility, autonomy, leisure and amenities", Collective work: The Disability: Representations and Perceptions of People with Disabilities, Casablanca, 2018, pp: 66-93, ISBN: 978 -9981-72-052-7
- "Use of braille and new technologies for people with Low Vision and Blindness ", Collective work: Being Visual Impaired at HassanII University in Casablanca, Casablanca, 2018, p: 59-73, ISBN: 978-9981-72-051-0