Currently Associate Professor of History of Philosophy in the Department of Philosophy, Communication and Entertainment (FILCOSPE), University of Roma Tre, is also visiting professor at Manchester Metropolitan University, associate researcher of the team “Écriture des lumières” at the ITEM (CNRS-ENS, Paris) and member of the Project "Politiques des images" at the FMSH in Paris. He deals with history of French philosophy, history of concepts, philosophy of literature and the relationship between text and photographic image.
The philosophies of habit in the Marcel Proust’s training
The relationship between Darlu’s courses and the Marcel Proust’s philosophy of habit.
He has authored over a hundred publications, including the following monographs (edited in italian):
- Passion and Knowledge in Proust (1998); The Government of the Self.
- Time, Body and Writing in Maine de Biran (2001),
- At the Frontiers between Philosophy and Literature (2003); Redeem Proust. Walter Benjamin and his Trail Marker (2009);
- The Phantom of Interiority. Brief History of a Controversial Concept (2012);
- The antagonist necessary. History of French philosophy of habit from Montaigne to Deleuze (2015).